Say No to Mediocrity – 6 Ways To Achieve Your Goals Now

Hey Guys!!

Many of us live in mediocrity. We allowed life to beat us up and we no longer dream big. We’ve accepted where we are in our lives and stopped making an effort to make our goals a reality.

Some of us can’t even remember what we wanted the most. I know just how easy it is to lose sight of our dreams and goals. Earlier, this week, I fell into the pit of mediocrity and almost forgot the reason why I wanted to blog in the first place.

To get back on track,  I did these six things;

1. Admit I was scared- “If you can’t beat fear, just do it scared.” It’s okay to be afraid; the best and greatest feared that they wouldn’t be their best. Taking the risk is what makes you successful.

2. Write down the goals – There is something powerful about seeing your thoughts on paper or even in the form of a vision board. It helps to motivate you, and it’s a constant reminder of what you want to achieve.

3. An accountability partner – Share your dreams or goals with a close friend or even your partner so they can help you stick to your plan. Nick is my accountability partner, and he’s always checking in to see where I am with my daily goals. Even when I’m not in the mood to write or to work on a project, he doesn’t allow me to slack off.

4. Be Positive – When you get discouraged, think about how awesome you’ll feel when you’ve achieved what you set out to. Reflect on where you were before you started and compare it to where you are now. Your progress may be small but it’s progress, and that’s important.

5. Take small steps – Your aspirations can be overwhelming when you think of them. Take baby steps; those small victories will eventually lead you to your goal.

5.  Don’t give up – Nothing easy goes overnight and while you may feel like a failure, try to push through it. You’ll learn so much about yourself if you do.

Remember: “The difference between greatness and mediocrity is often how an individual views a mistake”. Nelson Boswell

38 Comments

1. Naomi
    July 26, 2017 / 10:48 pm

I love how you give a list of encouraging steps in achieving our own personal goals, and how these steps can be applicable to everyone, not just a specific set of dreams! 🙂

2. July 26, 2017 / 10:49 pm

I can do all of them except have an accountability partner. Most of my goals are different from my friends, so I don’t think it is possible.

July 27, 2017 / 1:38 am

Sorry to hear that Michelle. I hope you do find some to share that common goal with. Nothing beats having someone to bounce ideas off and to help push you through the hard times.

3. July 26, 2017 / 10:55 pm

Omg I have an accountability partner and it’s the best thing ever! Sometimes all you need is a little tough love to get back on track! This is all on point!

July 27, 2017 / 1:40 am

I’m so glad to hear this!

4. July 26, 2017 / 11:07 pm

Thank you for these tips. I struggle with looking for accountability. I always see this tip, I am just not ready to tell someone my biggest goal.

July 27, 2017 / 1:41 am

Whenever you’re ready, it will be great! In the meantime, you can be your own accountability partner by setting little alarms in your phone with motivating quotes or positive affirmations to help you through the tough days.

5. Nelu Mbingu
    July 27, 2017 / 12:12 am

I think positivity is one of the key components to making it

6. July 27, 2017 / 7:14 pm

Great tips. I am a big fan of utilizing vision boards. I have one for personal goals and one for my business goals. It is a good reminder of what I am working towards.

July 27, 2017 / 11:41 pm

I agree Crystal. Vision boards are a great reminder and they help to motivate me on those days when I feel like giving up.

7. July 27, 2017 / 9:34 pm

I needed this today! Thank u!

July 27, 2017 / 11:40 pm

So glad this could help! 🙂

8. July 27, 2017 / 9:55 pm

Yes!! It’s so easy to fall into that trap! Being held accountable and just taking small steps while being positive goes a long way. You’re on the right path as long as you’re moving forward!

9. July 27, 2017 / 10:05 pm

Great advice! Thanks for sharing. I definitely think positivity is so important!

10. July 27, 2017 / 11:30 pm

love these, especially having an accountability partner! that helps so much!

11. July 28, 2017 / 12:08 am

Thank you so much for these very encouraging and inspiring words. I will keep them in mind, especially the part about writing down my goals, it really really helps. Having someone who doesn’t let you slack is definitely a must have as well.

12. July 28, 2017 / 1:20 am

Great tips! I need to find an accountability partner.

13. July 28, 2017 / 2:10 am

You definitely need to think big if you want to be successful. Self fulfilling prophecies work for better or worse, right?

14. July 28, 2017 / 3:20 am

Did you write this about me??? Sure sounded like it. I finally just had to jump in head first and learn to swim later. If not I always had a reason to talk myself out of starting my blog. Bering afraid it didn’t look like everyone else’s but in time hopefully my blog will be filled with comments.

July 28, 2017 / 1:54 pm

I was the same! I talked myself out of starting this blog so many times and my partner sat me down and gave me some tough love. I’m sure your blog will be filled with comments and loyal readers.

15. July 28, 2017 / 7:50 am

Great tips! Definitely gonna try some of these. Thanks for sharing! xx

16. July 28, 2017 / 1:37 pm

Love the encouragement. You must have that to reach your goals. Teaching this to children is important also.

July 28, 2017 / 8:15 pm

It’s so important to let our kids know. I see too many persons in the world trying to discourage others from dreaming.

17. July 28, 2017 / 3:07 pm

Ah!! It’s crazy, sometimes fear is the BEST and the WORST part. Conquering those fears, though, is totally priceless in achieving your goals. Good job!

18. July 28, 2017 / 4:27 pm

A lot of people like living in mediocrity especially these days! I’ve always loved this quote, “Once you lick the lollipop of mediocrity, you suck forever!”

July 28, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Lol I love that quote!! I will definitely use that.

19. July 28, 2017 / 7:10 pm

OMG! I love the quote “If you can’t beat fear, just do it scared.” I am going to borrow that saying! Great, advise!

July 28, 2017 / 8:14 pm

No problem. Borrow away!!

20. July 28, 2017 / 8:06 pm

Your last step which is also my favorite phrase keeps me going.

21. July 28, 2017 / 9:42 pm

Great post
    Small steps, learn each day and keep in mind why you started in the beginning 🙂
    Many Thanks for sharing.

July 31, 2017 / 3:46 pm

I totally agree!!! I remind myself every day and I have small post its with positive affirmation, hidden in my apartment to help as well.

22. July 29, 2017 / 4:09 am

This is a great article it gets you thinking about the bigger picture. Never give up.

23. July 29, 2017 / 3:38 pm

Great Post! My issue is, is that I am unsure of my goals!!! Isn’t that terrible? I’ve tried to set some before but if they are too grand then I worry about failure, if they are too small, I feel foolish for even writing them down. Ahhh! Self-doubt is maddening. Do you have any tricks for that? Hahaha.

July 31, 2017 / 2:57 pm

Not terrible at all. I’m the same way! Even if I know deep within my soul that the goal is worth it, I doubt myself. Having that person to motivate you really helps. They can talk you off that self-doubting ledge.

24. July 29, 2017 / 5:07 pm

“If you can’t beat fear, just do it scared.” <<– This is so powerful! I'm going to write that on a post-it note and stick it on my wall. Thanks for sharing!

25. July 29, 2017 / 6:29 pm

Love the honesty in this post. It’s not easy to admit you’re scared when it comes to goals.
    These are often over-looked ways of accomplishing a goal.

July 31, 2017 / 3:45 pm

It is hard! I always have to remind myself that I can do this.