The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash & Toner

On my quest for controlled skin this summer, I have been searching for the right product to help keep my breakouts to a minimum.

A friend of mine had suggested years ago that I try products from the Body Shop. In my research, I came across an advertisement introducing their Skin Clearing Tea Tree Oil Line. I was skeptical at first, as I am with any new product, but I decided that it was worth a try.

Plus, it was on sale! Who doesn’t like a good discount?

Finally, it arrived, and I was surprised at how small the bottles were, but that didn’t deter me from testing the products.

I’ve been using the product on and off for three weeks. My first reaction, the smell. If you use tea tree oil as a part of your regular regime, then you’re familiar with the smell. There’s no “it’s so fruity’ moment, it just smells like Tea Tree Oil.

If you’re not a fan of the smell, then this product is not for you.

A little product goes go a long way. You don’t need a lot to cover the areas of your face because it lathers up well.

After a few seconds, I felt the cooling effects. It wasn’t intense, but you’ll notice when it happens. Using it regularly, I hardly noticed the effects after the first 2 – 3 washes.

With other washes that I’ve used, my skin felt very dry and tight. However, this product left my skin feeling smooth and moisturized.

After drying my face, I followed with the mattifying toner.

The instructions on the bottle suggested for best use, a shake of the product would activate the mattifying powders. Like the wash, a little product goes a long way, and the smell was the same.

My Overall Results

Still too early to tell, but my skin tone looks a bit more even, and my acne scars have faded slightly.

I don’t want to get my hopes up too soon, as I am with a lot of products I’ve tried in the past, butI’ll continue using the product until it’s finished.

Currently, it’s at the half way mark.

I also plan to purchase the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mask, as I’ve read great reviews.

If you tried the products, let me know in the comment section.

22 Comments

1. August 2, 2017 / 9:59 pm

I haven’t heard of this product before. I hope you’ll do an update on it so we’ll be able to tell if it keeps working well for you.

• Sheviimc
      August 3, 2017 / 4:44 pm

I definitely will do a follow up!

2. August 2, 2017 / 10:30 pm

I have to give it a try. I only use soap and water on my face. Does it leave your skin somewhat oily

• Sheviimc
      August 3, 2017 / 1:52 pm

Not at all. I have super oily skin and it somehow neutralizes the excess oil. My makeup looks so better since using these.

3. August 2, 2017 / 11:51 pm

This does sound fabulous. I’ve always been a fan of tea tree oil. I might have to pick these up!

4. August 3, 2017 / 12:02 am

I’ve always been a fan of tea tree oil, especially in shampoos. I haven’t used this product before but I can see how it would be very beneficial for acne-prone skin.

5. August 3, 2017 / 2:52 am

I have used kin Clearing Tea Tree Oil Line in the past. I was quite impressed with all the products!

6. August 3, 2017 / 3:11 am

I love discovering new skin products! The Tea Tree facial wash has caught my attention. I’d love to give it a try. I’ll keep my eye out for this brand on my next trip to Ulta.

7. August 3, 2017 / 4:09 am

Considering that it comes from the body shop, I would suspect that you have great results. I have only ever used Tea Tree shampoo, and I love it. Maybe this will be my next purchase

8. August 3, 2017 / 4:43 am

Love love love…tree oil from Bodyshop. I have used it for more than a year and I love it.

9. August 4, 2017 / 3:07 am

Looks like a really great product. I am always looking for products to help with my acne-prone skin.

10. August 4, 2017 / 4:26 am

Tea Tree oil essential oil is great! I just love it. I bet it’s a great skin clearing facial wash toner!

11. August 4, 2017 / 5:50 am

I have heard of tea tree oil as a shampoo but never as a facial wash or toner. It does wonders on the scalp so I’m sure it’s a great facial product as well.

12. Melanie
    August 4, 2017 / 6:33 am

I need to take better care of my skin. It’s changing as I age, but this tea tree line sounds like it might be what I need to accommodate my evolving skin.

13. August 4, 2017 / 4:42 pm

I love the tingle of tea tree products, and always enjoy body shop products, so really hope these work for you.

14. August 4, 2017 / 10:33 pm

Body shop always delivers amazing products! I am a big fan of their lotions … and yes anything with tea tree too! They work like a charm!

15. Rebecca Swenor
    August 4, 2017 / 11:03 pm

These Skin Clearing Tea Tree Oil Line products seem to be something I would love to try. They would make great gift ideas for a couple of my friends too. The mask is something I would also love to try. Thanks for sharing a great review.

16. jay
    August 7, 2017 / 12:38 am

Tea tree oil is such a great treatment for acne !! I will deff have to check out these body shop products to keep my skin clear !!

17. September 6, 2017 / 10:18 pm

I love tea tree oil for any kind of skin condition, so I’m sure I would like both these products. Years ago I stopped shopping at Body Shop because I didn’t care for all those fruity shampoos and soaps. About the only thing I really loved of theirs back then was a thick, earthy patchouli oil that they discontinued after I finished my first bottle. I’m glad to hear they have at least a few products today that don’t smell like I should be serving them on a fruit platter!

• Sheviimc
      September 6, 2017 / 11:27 pm

I don’t like smelling like fruits either! Frankly, I don’t think they are all that effective but the tea tree is really good. Still using it and I’m seeing a big difference in my skin.